When you’re in the mood for a quick snack, it’s hard to beat a handful of tortilla chips. And if you’re looking for organic options, there are several great products available just a few clicks away. Here are five brands that are sure to satisfy your next craving.
Here’s What to Look for When Selecting the Best Organic Tortilla Chips
- Our Top Pick: Late July Sea Salt Thin and Crispy Tortilla Chips
- Runner Up: 365 Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips
- Casa Sanchez Organic Tortilla Chips
- Que Pasa Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Zack’s Mighty Organic Tortilla Chips
Not only are all of these brands tempting options for people who are looking for delicious organic tortilla chips, they are also available right now at Whole Foods for a great price!
Our Top Choice: Late July Sea Salt Thin and Crispy Tortilla Chips
For many people, the best part of a dinner out at a Mexican restaurant is the big basket of fresh-made tortilla chips. You can have that perfectly salted taste and delicate crunch anytime with this great product. Best of all, these gluten-free chips are crafted from all organic ingredients:
Each serving offers the unmistakable taste of an authentic cantina without any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Whether you’re creating a meal for a big party or just relaxing on the couch, you can’t go wrong with a bag of Late July chips.
LATE JULY Snacks Sea Salt Thin and Crispy Organic Tortilla Chips, 10.1 oz. Bag
$11.14 in stock
- ORGANIC CHIPS: Melt-in-your-mouth organic sea salt tortilla chips
- AUTHENTIC TORTILLA CHIPS: Enjoy Late July Tortilla Chips with our authentic Late July Salsa
- WHOLE GROUND CORN: Gluten-free organic chips made with organic whole ground corn and organic sea salt
- USDA-CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Gluten Free, and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- SHAREABLE SIZE: The 10.1-oz. bag is perfect for sharing with friends and family
- organic whole ground corn
- organic sunflower oil and/or organic safflower oil
- sea salt
Runner Up: 365 Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips
This option is produced by Whole Foods Market’s own brand and delivers all of the quality that loyal customers have come to expect. While the bright packaging might catch your eye on the shelf, it’s the taste that makes this product a fan favorite.
Each stone-ground chip is sturdy enough to hold up under a heaping scoop of salsa, cheese dip, or whatever you choose as a topping. At the same time, they’re thin enough to provide that satisfying snap that tortilla chip lovers desire. The buttery texture makes them delectable all on their own and there’s not too much sea salt for snackers who are watching their sodium intake. It can be hard to find a gluten-free and vegan snack that keeps you coming back for more, but that’s exactly what these chips offer.
365 by Whole Foods Market, Tortilla Chips Organic White Corn, 12 Ounce
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. The packaging for this product has a fresh new look. During this transition, you may get the original packaging or the new packaging in your order, but the product and quality is staying exactly the same. Enjoy!
- As far as salsa and queso delivery devices go, these organic stone-ground white corn chips can’t be beat.
- They pack tons of corny flavor into each salty, crunchy bite. Scoop up some of that homemade mango salsa, melt cheese, and dot with jalapenos or just grab a handful. Remember: It’s not double-dipping if you’re snacking solo.
- Made with Sea Salt
- organic stone ground white corn
- organic expeller pressed sunflower or safflower seed oil
- sea salt
- a trace of lime
Casa Sanchez Organic Tortilla Chips
A hearty corn flavor dominates these all-natural chips, which delivers a gluten-free option without any salt. If you’re looking for a satisfying crunch without the guilt, pick up a bag today. Plus, the big 14-ounce package provides more chips than many of its competitors, so you can feel free to keep snacking all night.
Casa Sanchez, Chip Tortilla Organic, 14 Ounce
- Tortilla and Corn Chips
- organic ground white corn masa flour
- organic canola oil
Que Pasa Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
Another crowd-pleaser in this category is Que Pasa, which offers a variety of organic tortilla chips. Our favorite is made with yellow corn that has been ground with volcanic stones to provide the perfect texture. We recommend pairing these low-sodium chips with guacamole for a taste combination made in organic heaven.
QUE PASA Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips, 11 OZ
- Tortilla and Corn Chips
- stone ground corn
- sunflower and/or safflower oil
- sea salt
- a trace of lime
Zack’s Mighty Organic Tortilla Chips
Our final entry offers something for everyone. As the name suggests, these “mighty” chips stand up to the weight of even the heftiest dips. They’re also great for making nachos or as a topping for soups and salads. With no GMOs and just the right amount of sea salt, this is a great snack that can fit into almost any healthy lifestyle.
Zack’s Mighty Organic Tortilla Chips, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Sturdy for Dipping, 9 Ounce Bag
- CRUNCHY AND SATISFYING: Our chips are cut from freshly baked tortillas, then fried to the perfect crispiness and sprinkled with sea salt as they come sizzling out of the fryer.
- DIP WITH CONFIDENCE: Do you hate weak tortilla chips? Us too, that's why we created Zack's Mighty Tortilla Chips. Our Tortilla-First process gives our chips the strength to lift even the heftiest guacamole — without giving your jaw too much of a workout.
- GREAT TO COOK WITH: Perfect for all your dipping adventures or as a base in nachos, tortilla soup, chilaquiles, and more!
- HIGHEST QUALITY: USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten-Free (Duh! They're made from corn...)
- THIS IS A LARGE BAG: Includes one 9 oz. bag so you can bring the party to your pantry.
- organic stone ground yellow corn
- organic canola oil and/or organic sunflower oil
- sea salt
Check Out Our Other Articles on Recipe Recon:
- Are McDonald’s Fries Gluten-Free? What Else is Gluten-Free at McDonald’s?
- Is Wendy’s Chili Gluten-Free? What are Other Gluten-Free Options and Alternatives at Wendy’s?
- Are Burger King Fries Vegan? How About Vegetarian Options?
Which Oil Is Best for Frying Organic Tortilla Chips?
Although most tortilla chips are fried in oil, that doesn’t mean that they’re all created equally. In fact, the different types of oil used to cook them can make a big difference in their taste and nutrition. Of course, any such oils should be used in moderation because of their high content of calories and fat. Research indicates expeller-pressed oils are a bit healthier, but nutritionists recommend limiting the consumption of these cooking oils. When it is needed for tortilla chips or any other fried foods, however, here are our top three choices.
Canola oil provides a better ratio between monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Plus, it is better than some other options for cooking at high heat because of its elevated smoke point. One potential downside, however, is the fact that it is often highly processed, which can remove certain nutrients. Furthermore, it contains about 21% linoleic acid, which is commonly referred to as omega-6 fatty acid and should be avoided in large quantities.
Another option is sunflower oil, which provides a healthy dose of vitamin E. Additionally, it has a mild taste that allows the flavor of the food itself to shine through. Watch how much you use, though, because this oil includes a high amount of the omega-6 fatty acids that can cause negative health effects such as inflammation.
In the end, sunflower oil might be the healthiest option. It has been linked to potential health benefits including improved blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, and even healthier skin. It can act as a blood thinner, though, so people with certain clotting disorders or those who are preparing for surgery should take that into account. Although it is generally considered a healthy oil, it does contain a whopping 79% of polyunsaturated fatty acid, which mostly comes in the form of omega-6.